- Access the Express Check-in page here. You'll need your existing Parent Portal ID and password to access the page.
- Print off your crew's supply list, which you'll find on the check-in page.
- Review the RSS Volunteer Agreement. If you're interested in volunteering at Renaissance Secondary School, please fill out and submit the Parent Volunteer Agreement. Note: please choose the RSS agreement and do not fill out and print the volunteer agreement on the district Express Check-in page.
- Provide information for the Student Directory (optional). If you'd like your student and household to be part of the 2017-2018 Student Directory, click here and complete the information you want included in the directory. Should you wish to opt out of the Student Directory, please do NOT complete this form.
- Pay student fees. If you haven't yet paid your student fees, you should be able to access the RevTrak payment option on the Express Check-in page. If you have trouble accessing the link on the check-in page, you can also click here to pay fees. Note: you'll need to create a new RevTrak ID specific to Renaissance Secondary School, in addition to other DCSD RevTrak IDs you may already use.
- Consider adding the optional $60 drum fee for your student. We hope you'll consider doing so!
- Optional Donation - If you would like to donate funds to RSS, please choose 'Optional Fees', then 'Donation' on the Express Check-in Optional Fees link. Also, you can click on the 'Donation' link on the RevTrak homepage (use the same payment link as in step 5).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is Express Check-in? The purpose of Express Check-in is to:
- Confirm your enrollment at RSS for the 2017-18 school year
- Provide accurate contact information
- Participate in student directory (if desired)
- Pay remaining fees (due in full July 21)
- Get crew supply lists
- Indicate interest in volunteer opportunities for 2017-18
- Purchase a drum for your student
Q: What do the student fees cover? The unique and innovative programming at RSS requires additional funding in the form of student fees. RSS utilizes a once per year flat fee to cover educational program needs, rather than asking parents to pay fees “here and there” throughout the year for items such as adventure education, fieldwork transportation, electives, and technology fees. The fees at RSS are roughly equal to fees at other charter schools, including DCS Montessori in Castle Pines. Fees for the 2017-2018 school year will total $1200 per student, broken down as follows:
- $500 Adventure Education Fee (includes transportation)
- $200 Supply Fee (tools and materials for special projects)
- $125 Field Work Fee (includes transportation)
- $100 Tech Fee
- $75 Book Fee
- $75 Activity/Elective Fee (X Block Funding)
- $125 Arts Fee
Q: Will credit cards be accepted? Yes, payment will be submitted through RevTrak.
Q: What if I’m on vacation during that time? Contact our Business Director, Julie Vrattos at [email protected].
Q: Will the $200 deposit be applied toward my fees? Yes, and the remaining balance will be $1000.
Q: Where do I find the link? You can access the Express Check-in page here. You'll need your existing Parent Portal ID and password to access the page.